Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 22 of My Lenten Journey

22. Distraction




Distraction is huge in today's modern world. It is everywhere and it permeates our family and my life too. From cellphones, to TV, to email, to social media, we just can't seem to focus on anything of value with technology in our reach.

The story from the Bible that I am reminded of is when Jesus goes to have dinner with Mary and Martha. Martha is so distracted by preparations that she doesn't take time out to sit with Jesus and be in his company. Luke 10:38-42

How many times am I guilty of picking up my phone to look at something in my children's presence? At the dinner table? In the midst of a conversation with anyone? Guilty here.

I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible. 1 Corinthians 7:35

So I am going to be better at not being distracted, especially when it comes to family time and God time. I will consciously put my phone away while at the dinner table. Nothing is more precious than my sweet family in front of me.

Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: