Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 21 of My Lenten Journey

21. Bitterness

I had to look up bitterness in my dictionary to really put my finger on bitterness in my life. My dictionary app had multiple meanings but these three seemed to sum it up.

1. characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.

2. hard to admit or accept: a bitter lesson.

3. resentful or cynical: bitter words.

I didn't think I had any of this in my life until I looked deep down and was completely honest with myself.  But, I found it.  It's more of definition 2 or a little bit of 3, but its there.  It's even so personal that I will refrain from talking about it here.

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Ephesians 4:31

Today, I give it to God, because there is nothing else I can do with it or to change the situation.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: